Follow This Diet Plan after Surgery | Yoga Asanas & Dos – Don’ts
You must have seen that whenever a patient undergoes surgery, the biggest question that comes to the patient’s mind is what to eat, or what not to eat after surgery. After surgery, the patient or his family inquires a lot about the diet plan from the doctor, and also try to follow the advice given by the doctor, but sometimes it goes wrong. Many people forget to follow the diet plan completely after surgery. Therefore, here complete information about the diet chart to be adopted after surgery is being given.
By adopting this post-surgery diet plan, you can not only recover from the disease soon, but can also make yourself healthy.
Table of Contents
You’re Diet after Surgery
After surgery, the diet of people should be like this:-
- Cereal: Old Shali
- Lentils: Moong, lentils, tur
- Fruits and Vegetables: Parwal, Gourd, Luffa, Pumpkin, Seasonal Vegetables, Coconut, Seasonal Fruits
- Others: Cow’s Milk, Coconut Water
Food to Avoid After Surgery
People should not consume them after surgery:-
- Cereals: New Rice, Flour
- Lentils: Kulath, Urad, Rajma, Chole
- Fruits and Vegetables: Eggplant, Potato, Lemon, Mustard, Leafy Vegetables, Tomato, Orange, Citrus Grapes, Jackfruit, Arbi
- Others: Yogurt, fish, cottage cheese, spicy foods, mustard oil, oily spicy foods, high salt, cold drinks, pickles, high oil, refined foods, alcohol, fast food, soft drinks, junk food, canned foods, non-vegetarians Soups, sweets and bakery products
You’re Diet Plan after Surgery
After getting up in the morning after surgery, drink 1-2 glasses of lukewarm water on an empty stomach before cleaning the teeth (without rinsing). Drink Amla and Aloe Vera juice before breakfast.
Timing Diet Plan after Surgery (Vegetarian)
|Breakfast (8 :30 AM)||Coconut water / 1 Cup Protein shake / 1 Cup Protein Milk + 2-3 Lite Biscuits / Oatmeal / Oats / Sprouted Grains, 2 Roti ( Mixed Cereal Flour) + 1 bowl green vegetables, 1 plate fruit salad (apple, papaya)|
|Meal of the day (12:30-01:30 PM)||1-2 thin rotis (mixed grain flour) + 1 bowl of green vegetables + 1 bowl of lentils|
|(3:30 pm)||Vegetable Soup / Moong Dal / + 1 cup Protein Drink + 2-3 Lite Biscuits|
|Dinner (7:00 – 8:00 Pm)||1-2 thin rotis (mixed grain flour) + 1 bowl green vegetables (fibrous) + 1 bowl dal moong (thin)|
|10:00:00 PM||1 tsp Triphala churna with lukewarm milk/water|
Tip: If the patient has a habit of tea, then 1 cup of Green Tea can be given in its place.
You’re Lifestyle after Surgery
Your lifestyle after surgery should be like this:-
- Take a walk.
- Take a bath as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not stop urination and defecation.
- Do not wake up at night.
- Consume sunshine.
Points to Be Remember After Surgery
After surgery, you have to keep these things in mind:-
(1) Practice meditation and yoga daily.
(2) Eat fresh and light hot food.
(3) Eat food slowly in a quiet place with a calm, positive and happy mind.
(4) Make sure to eat three to four times.
(5) Do not skip meals at any time, and avoid excessive food
(6) Fast once a week.
(7) Leave 1/3rd / 1/4th part of the stomach blank.
(8) Chew the food properly and eat slowly.
(9) Walk for 3-5 minutes after taking food.
(10) Wake up before sunrise [5:30-6:30 am].
(11) Brush your teeth twice daily.
(12) Live every day.
(13) Take a short walk after taking food.
(14) Sleep at the right time [9-10 PM] at night.
Yoga and Asana after Surgery
You can do these yoga and asanas after surgery:-
- Yoga Pranayama and Meditation: Anulom Vilom, Bhramari, Udgeeth, Ujjayi, Pranav Japa.
- Asana – As per the instructions.