Yoga Pranayama Education
Vajrasana (वज्रासन) | Benefits of Vajrasana | Method of Vajrasana
Introduction – Vajrasana (वज्रासन)
Vajrasana is also called Veerasana. In this asana, the body becomes strong and powerful like Vajra, so it is called Vajrasana. Vajra means hard and the other is that one of the weapons of Indra was called Vajra. This strengthens the thighs of the legs. Increases blood circulation in the body. It is very beneficial for digestion. After eating, one should sit in this asana for some time. It also strengthens the leg muscles. Do not do this asana in case of pain in the knees.
This asana is very important in Hatha Yoga because doing this asana develops spiritual power. Both men and women can practice this asana with ease for a longer period of time. Vajrasana can also be done after eating. The sage Ghurand has said about it that whoever does Vajrasana with this method, his body becomes strong and powerful and it is beneficial in developing his Kundalini power.
Method of Doing Vajrasana (वज्रासन करने की विधि)
- For Vajrasana, first sit on the mat in normal position.
- Now bend your right leg from the knees and move it backwards and place it under the right buttocks.
- Keep the heel close to the body and keep the toes upwards.
- In this, keep the part from the knees to the toes close to the floor.
- Then bend the left leg from the knee and apply it backwards with the buttocks.
- Keep both knees together and keep the soles apart.
- Now stretch both your hands and place them on your knees and sit with the weight of your whole body on your heels and toes.
- Keep your waist, spine, head, etc. perfectly straight and stretched.
- After coming to this position, rest the vision (eyes) on the front part of the nose, breathe normally and inflate the chest.
- Stay in this position of Vajrasana for 10 to 15 minutes.
Benefits of Vajrasana (वज्रासन के लाभ)
- This asana strengthens the body and increases the age. This posture enhances the light of the eyes. This gives strength to the toes, knees, shins, thighs, waist and spine. It concentrates the mind by removing hypnosis and enhances memory.
- It cures back pain, sciatica, lumbar and back pain. Doing this asana prevents rheumatism. Doing this asana for 5 minutes after eating, the effect of nadis goes upwards.
- It strengthens the digestive power and helps in quick digestion of food so that the juice of the grain becomes so pure that the whole body including the hips and nerves becomes strong like thunder.
- This asana has a beneficial effect on the navel (which is the center of 72000 nadis).
- This asana makes the body strong and stable. This straightens the spine and shoulders. This harmonizes the blood circulation in the body and thus the disease of converting venous blood into arterial blood does not occur. This is the only asana that you can do by eating food. This makes food easier to digest. It also strengthens the leg muscles.
- Pressure on the intestines of the stomach removes its deformity. It also eliminates stomach gas, pain etc.
- In youth, sitting in this asana and combing does not make the hair white. This posture cures jaundice. This keeps the blood flow fine so that the body remains healthy and beautiful. By doing this asana, menstrual irregularities in women go away.
- Keeps the body curvy. High blood pressure is low. Helps in weight loss. Relieves indigestion, gas, constipation etc. disorders. The spinal cord is strong. Increases digestive power and strengthens the reproductive system. In this asana, taking long and deep breaths slowly strengthens the lungs.
- Doing this asana after lunch and dinner while breathing in the nasal cavity, the food is easily digested.
- If pranayama is done in Vajrasana, then many diseases of breathing, asthma, tuberculosis, shortness of breath, lungs and chest are removed.
- Doing this asana strengthens the semen and increases the erectile power, which increases the possibility of Kundalini awakening. It eliminates lust from the mind and draws the mind towards Brahmacharya.
Precautions During Vajrasana (वज्रासन के दौरान सावधानी)
Do not do this asana in case of pain in the knees.
Please provide your feedback on Yoga Pranayama Education – Vajrasana (वज्रासन) | Benefits of Vajrasana | Method of Vajrasana. You can also write in the comments section or email us. I wish you and your family a happy, healthy and prosperous life.
“Protect Holy Mother Cow, Serve Parents and Respect Women”
Yog Pranayama Education – Vajrasana (वज्रासन) | Benefits & Method of Vajrasana