Table of Contents
Akshaya Tritiya Worship Method, Donation, Importance, Story & Beliefs
Every year in India, Akshaya Tritiya festival is celebrated on Tritiya Tithi of Shukla Paksha of Vaishakh month. It is believed that on this day any auspicious work can be done without any Muhurta. Akshaya Tritiya is also recognised as Akha Teej. On this day the Sun and the Moon are in exalted signs, so this date is considered very auspicious in the Hindu calendar. Worshiping Lord Vishnu on the day of Akshaya Tritiya leads to an inexhaustible increase in wealth.
It is believed that donating (Contribution/Daan) on Akshaya Tritiya gives Akshaya fruit. On Akshaya Tritiya, marriages, shopping, home entry, auspicious programs and new works can be started without seeing the Muhurta. On this day, the recitation of worship and worship of Havan etc. gives renewable results.
Muhurat of Akshaya Tritiya
In the year 2022, Akshaya Tritiya will be celebrated on Tuesday, May 3, 2022
Akshaya Tritiya Puja Muhurta will be from morning 05:39 to noon 12:18 (in a period of 06 hours 40 minutes)
Tritiya Date Begins – 03 May 2022 at 05:18 am
Tritiya Date Ends – 04 May 2022 at 07:32 am
Importance and Charity of Akshaya Tritiya
Akshaya Tritiya is also famous as the birthdate of great Lord Parshuram, the 6th incarnation of most adorable Lord Shri Hari Vishnu ji.
There is a spiritual significance of bathing in holy rivers and donating with full devotion on Akshaya Tritiya.
It is believed that on the day of AkshayaTritiya, householders should donate some part of their earnings to religious works to increase their wealth and prosperity. By doing this their wealth and wealth increase manifold.
Buying gold and silver on Akshaya Tritiya is considered auspicious. Most of the people keep the feet of Lakshmi ji in their house and worship them regularly, so that they remain blessed in the house on this day.
Donating clothes, water-filled pitchers, fans, pots, seasonal fruits, sattu, jaggery, rice, ghee, cow, land etc. is considered very auspicious and fruitful on this day.
Famous Beliefs of Akshaya Tritiya According To the Scriptures
- Parshuram, the sixth incarnation of Lord Vishnu, was born on the day of Akshaya Tritiya.
- On the day of Akshaya Tritiya, Mother Ganga had descended on the earth.
- On this day, Maharishi Ved Vyas started the composition of Mahabharata, which was written by Lord Ganesha.
- On this day, Lord Krishna had given the Akshaya Patra to the Pandavas, in which the food never decays.
- On this day, the incarnations of Lord Vishnu, Nar-Narayan and Hayagriva were incarnated.
- It is believed that on this day Satya Yuga and Treta Yuga started.
- It is believed that the end of the war of Mahabharata and the end of Dwapar took place on the day of Akshaya Tritiya.
- The doors of Shri Badrinath Dham are also opened on this date.
- Once a year, on the day of Akshaya Tritiya, in the temple of Shri Banke Bihari, who is seated in Vrindavan, the feet of Shri Deity are seen.
- It is believed that Akshay Kumar, son of Brahma ji was born on the day of AkshayaTritiya.
Worship Method of Akshaya Tritiya (Puja Vidhi)
- On the day of Akshaya Tritiya, get up early in the morning, if possible, get up in Brahma Muhurta. After this take a bath and if possible take a bath in a holy river. If you are taking a bath at home, then take a bath by mixing a little Ganges water in the bathing water.
- After bathing, keep a wooden post at your place of worship or any holy place and spread red colored cloth on it. Install the idol or picture of Lord Shri Hari Vishnu and Mata Lakshmi on this post.
- While bathing the idols of Lord Vishnu and Mother Lakshmi with Panchamrit, chant this mantra:-
पयोदधि घृतं चैव मधु च शर्करायुतम्।
पञ्चामृतं मयानीतं स्नानार्थं प्रतिगृह्यताम् ॥
Payodadhi Ghritam Chaiv Madhu Cha Sharkarayutam.
Panchaamrtan Mayaaneetan Snaanaarthan Pratigrhyataam..
I have brought Panchamrit containing milk, curd, ghee, honey, and sugar for your (God’s) bath, please take it.
- You can also keep a fast on this day. For this you take a vow before God.
- Worship Lord Vishnu and Mother Lakshmi with Roli, Chandan, Molly, Akshaya, perfume, garland etc.
- After this, offer aarti to God by doing aarti with milk and lamp.
- Offer sattu, gram dal, jaggery etc. to the deity.
- One must offer Tulsi Dal to Lord Vishnu and red flowers to Goddess Lakshmi.
- On this day, recitation of Vishnu Sahasranama (Vishnu Sahastranaam on Akshaya Tritiya) and Shri Sukta must be recited. This pleases Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi.
- Donate to Brahmins after worshiping. You can donate seasonal fruits, clothes, vessel filled with water, fan etc. Donating all this is considered very auspicious.
- Worshiping Lord Vishnu and Mother Lakshmi on Akshaya Tritiya definitely increases the wealth and grain in the house.
Popular Stories of Akshaya Tritiya
The First Story of Akshaya Tritiya
It is believed that in the Mahabharata period, when the Pandavas were given exile for 13 years, once the sage Durvasa along with his disciples visited the Pandavas’ hut. Then there was no one else to feed Draupadi’s hut. At the same time, Lord Krishna came there and gave Draupadi the Akshaya Patra, from which the Pandavas respected the sage Durvasa and got his blessings.
Another legend is prevalent in the context of Akshaya Tritiya.
Also Watch: Why to Donate on Akshaya Tritiya
Second Story of Akshaya Tritiya
Both Shri Krishna and Sudama were childhood friends. Once Sudama went to Dwarkapuri to seek financial help from Lord Krishna. Sudama ji was able to bring only a handful of poha as a gift to a friend due to his financial condition not being good. When Sudama ji met Shri Krishna ji, he was hesitant to present him. In such a situation, Lord Krishna snatched the bundle of Poha from them and ate it with great fervor. Shri Krishna gave Sudama a grand hospitality, due to which Sudama ji was very pleased and he could not say anything to Lord Krishna about financial help and without saying anything left for his home.
When Sudama reached his house, he was surprised to see that a very beautiful palace has been built in place of his hut and his wife and children are wearing beautiful clothes and ornaments. It did not take long for Sudama ji to understand that all this happened with the blessings of Lord Krishna.
Therefore, from this day on the earth, one who duly worships Lord Vishnu and donates sattu, jaggery, seasonal fruits, water pot and dakshina for the cause of Shri Hari Vishnu, gets renewable growth, wealth and food grains in his house.
If you have any question related to Akshaya Tritiya Worship Method, Donation, Importance, Story, Muhurta and Beliefs then write in the comment section or you can also email us.