All About Apara Ekadashi or Achala Ekadashi Fast
Ekadashi fast is considered best in Hinduism. In such a situation, let us know in detail about the date, auspicious time, importance and method of worship of Apara Ekadashi of Jyestha month.
Summary – Apara Ekadashi or Achala Ekadashi
An individual can atone for all of his sins and enter Goloka by worshipping Shri Man Narayan in his Vishnu form on Apara Ekadashi. On this day, perform aarti with lamps and incense, donate lamps, and present Vishnuji with Panchamrit, Roli, Moli, Gopi Chandan, Akshat, yellow flowers, seasonal fruits, and sweets.
Expansion – Apara Ekadashi or Achala Ekadashi
Apara Ekadashi is the name of the Krishna Paksha of the Jyeshtha month’s Ekadashi. The Padma Purana states that on this day, Lord Vishnu is worshipped in his Vamana form. This day is also known as Bhadrakali Ekadashi because it is thought that Maa Bhadrakali emerged from Lord Shiva’s hair on this day. Achala Ekadashi and Jalkrida Ekadashi are other names for this Ekadashi.
Also Read: Important Rules of Ekadashi Fasting or Ekadashi Vrat
Significance or Importance of Apara Ekadashi or Achala Ekadashi
- Along with worshiping Lord Vishnu on Apara Ekadashi, there is importance of worshiping Trivikram.
- By fasting and worshiping on the day of Apara Ekadashi, one gets freedom from the sin of killing Brahma.
- Worshiping Lord Vishnu (8 tricks of Lord Vishnu) on the day of Apara Ekadashi ends the faults of a person and gives birth to virtues.
- Worship done on the day of Apara Ekadashi, the soul does not go to the vampire vagina after death. He gets Vaikunth.
Auspicious Time of Apara Ekadashi or Achala Ekadashi (Muhurat)
|Achala or Apara Ekadashi Fast Will Start On||15 May 2023 At 02:46 Am (Monday)|
|Achala or Apara Ekadashi Fast Ends On||16 May 2023 At 01:03 Am (Tuesday)|
|When Is Achala or Apara Ekadashi Fast||15 May 2023 (Monday)|
|Parana Of Achala or Apara Ekadashi Fast On||16 May 2023 (Tuesday) 06:41 Am to 08:13 Am|
Also Read: Amalaki Ekadashi 2023 – Puja, Story, Best Muhurat & Importance (आमलकी एकादशी)
Worship Method of Apara Ekadashi
- Wake up before sunset and take bath. Wear new clothes.
- Meditate on Lord Vishnu after bath.
- Bathe Lord Vishnu and dress him in new clothes.
- Apply sandalwood to Lord Vishnu. Offer flowers and Akshat.
- Garland Lord Vishnu and offer yellow clothes.
- Offer dhoop-lamp, naivedya etc. to Lord Vishnu.
- Offer food to Lord Vishnu.
- Take a vow of fasting in front of Lord Vishnu.
- Chant the mantras of Lord Vishnu.
- Recite Vishnu Ashtotram, and Vishnu Sahasranama Stotram of Lord Vishnu.
- Perform Lord Vishnu’s Aarti and give out Prasad.
- Donate to the needy while observing fast on the day of Dwadashi.
Also Read: Jaya Ekadashi Fast, Puja Vidhi, Story, Rules & Importance
What Are The Rituals of Apara Ekadashi or Achala Ekadashi?
- Before beginning the rituals of the ceremony, devotees must take a holy bath and rise early for the darshan of Apara Ekadashi.
- Strong dedication and devotion is necessary while performing all the rituals.
- Devotees should observe Apara Ekadashi fast.
- Devotees should continue to worship the deity and present it with incense, flowers, and tulsi leaves.
- To complete the fast, it is necessary to recite the story of Apara Ekadashi.
- Aarti of the deity should be performed and then the sacred food (Prasad) should be distributed to all.
- To receive the divine blessings of the deity, devotees should go to the Lord Vishnu temple on Apara Ekadashi.
- All the rituals of Apara Ekadashi Vrat begin on the eve of Dashami (tenth day).
- Observers are only allowed to eat sattvic food once on this particular day, and that too just before sunset.
- The fast lasts until the end of Ekadashi Tithi.
- During the night, observers are not permitted to snooze. He needs to dedicate all of his time to reciting mantras in order to please Lord Vishnu.
- Reciting the “Vishnu Sahastranama” is regarded as extremely lucky.
- On this special day, devotees worship Lord Vishnu with immense devotion.
- Donating on the eve of Apara Ekadashi is considered highly fruitful. The observers ought to provide the Brahmins with food, clothing, and cash.
Fruits of Apara Ekadashi or Achala Ekadashi Fast
According to Sanatan tradition, each Ekadashi’s fasting has a unique virtue within it. There is a belief about Achala Ekadashi fast that by observing this fast one gets freedom from all known and unknowable sins related to life. It is believed that by observing Ekadashi fast, which gives immense virtue, the seeker gets freedom from the evil spirits and finally attains salvation.
Also Read: What is Fasting? | Types, Rules, Advantages (Benefits) & Disadvantages, Necessity | Best Way to Eat or Abstain During Fasting?
Apara Ekadashi or Achala Ekadashi Fasting Method and Rules
In order to observe Achala Ekadashi Vrat, the seeker should start following the Vrat related rules from the night time a day before and should do it completely till the time of Paran. On the day of Achala Ekadashi fast, a seeker should wake up early in the morning before sunrise and after taking bath and meditation, take a resolution to observe this fast. After this, after giving water to Surya Narayan, put the picture or idol of Lord Vishnu in the place of worship after bathing or purifying it with Ganges water and place it on a yellow seat and offer yellow clothes to him.
After this, after offering yellow flowers, yellow flowers, yellow sweets etc. to Lord Vishnu, tell the story of Ekadashi fast and after that, after performing his aarti, distribute prasad to as many people as possible. Keep in mind that just like eating rice is prohibited in Ekadashi fast, similarly rice is not offered in the worship of Lord Vishnu.
Great Remedy for Apara Ekadashi or Achala Ekadashi Fast
It is believed about the worship of Ekadashi, which showers the blessings of Lord Vishnu, that the fruit which is not obtained by garlanding Lord Vishnu with diamonds and pearls, can be obtained only by offering Tulsi plant along with Prasad in his worship. In such a way, while offering food to Lord Vishnu on the day of Achala Ekadashi fast, make sure to offer Tulsi Dal and Chant Lord Vishnu’s mantra “Om-Namo-Bhagwate-Vasudevay” as often as you can.
Precautions during Apara Ekadashi or Achala Ekadashi
- Do not use garlic, onion and rice in food.
- Do not cook non-vegetarian food at home on the day of fasting.
Also Read: Hariyali Teej – Puja Vidhi (Method), Vrat Katha (Fast Story), Importance, Mantras, Charity (Daan) | Great Hariyali Teej Vrat
Apara Ekadashi or Achala Ekadashi Fast Story (Vrat katha)
“O Lord!” Arjun cried. What is the name of the Krishna Paksha’s Ekadashi in the Jyeshtha month? What is its greatness, then? What deity is worshipped there, and how does one observe this fast? Please be as specific as possible. Inform me.
“O Arjuna!” cried Shri Krishna. Apara is the name of the Ekadashi of Krishna Paksha in the Jyeshtha month because it bestows great wealth and virtues while purging all sins. Those who follow this fast gain notoriety throughout the world. Fasting on Apara Ekadashi has the effect of destroying sins brought on by Brahmatya, such as ghost vagina, defamation of others, and others, such as adultery, false testimony, false speech, reading false Vedas, creating false scriptures, and astrology. The Apara Ekadashi fast also destroys lying, deceiving people by posing as a false doctor, and other forms of fraud.
If a Kshatriya flees the battlefield, he will go to hell, but if he fasts on Apara Ekadashi, he will also go to heaven.
After receiving instruction from the Guru, those followers who curse the Guru will definitely burn in hell. This is conceivable because they can enter paradise by fasting on Apara Ekadashi.
The same fruit is received by fasting on Apara Ekadashi as it is by bathing in each of the three Pushkaras, bathing during the month of Kartik, or offering pindadan to ancestors along the banks of the Gangaji.
The results acquired by those born under the sign of Leo are noted during the Apara Ekadashi fast on the day of Jupiter by swimming in the Gomti River, visiting Shri Kedarnathji in Kumbh, staying in a Badrikashram, and bathing in Kurukshetra during solar and lunar eclipses. The benefits received from the gold and elephant-horse donations made during the Yajna are equivalent to the benefits of the Apara Ekadashi fast. The fruit of giving a cow, a piece of land, or some gold is akin to its fruit.
This fast acts as a light to drive out wicked darkness and an axe to chop down sinful trees.
Man must thus fast on this Ekadashi. The finest fast of all time is this one. Lord Vishnu should be revered on the day of Apara Ekadashi with devotion. Vishnulok is ultimately realised as a result of this.
hello, Rajan I’ve shared Apara Ekadashi’s tale for the benefit of the general audience. By reading and hearing it, all sins are eliminated.
Also Watch: Ekadashi Vrat | Rules & Worship method of Ekadashi
Synopsis – Apara Ekadashi or Achala Ekadashi
Those who fast on Ekadashi receive more devotion from Lord Sri Hari Vishnu. The word “apara” means “immense” or “extra.” Increased commitment and dedication.
This concludes the material about Apara Ekadashi. Use the comment section below the article to ask us any questions you may have about our content. We’ll continue to make an effort to give you accurate information. Please spread the word if you like this tale.