Fasting and worshipping Hariyali Teej results in the desired life partner and a long life. Must read for Hariyali Teej distinctive traditions, its fast and full style of worship, fast tale, and all other facts.
Hariyali Teej is seen on the Tritiya Tithi of the Shukla Paksha of the Shravan month. Shravani Teej is another name for it. In the month of Sawan, there is a lot of greenery. Everyone loves nature’s beauty with a joyful heart. The month of Sawan is ideal for Lord Shiva worship.
Hariyali Teej is a celebration devoted to Lord Shiva and Mata Parvati, who were reunited on this day. This celebration commemorates their reunification. HariyaliTeej is a celebration of beauty, devotion, and love. On this day, married ladies wish their husbands a long life, while unmarried females wish for their chosen life mate. On this day, ladies enjoy a lot of fun, wearing make-up, singing songs, swinging, and cooking wonderful food.
When is Hariyali Teej this year?
Hariyali Teej is observed on the third day of Shukla Paksha in the Hindu calendar month of Shravan (Sawan). Shravani Teej is another name for it.
Special Hariyali Teej Traditions
A newly married woman is summoned to her maternal home by her in-laws’ residence after her marriage in the first Sawan. This celebration is very meaningful for newlyweds.
- On Dwitiya Tithi, one day before HariyaliTeej, the newlyweds are handed Sinjara on behalf of the in-laws’ side. It had cosmetics, mehndi, bangles, clothing, jewellery, fruits, and chocolates.
- Mehndi application on Hariyali Teej has great significance. Married women and unmarried females alike apply exquisite mehndi and Alata to their hands and feet. It is seen as a symbol of joy.
- On HariyaliTeej, Suhagin ladies present sweets to their mother-in-law and seek blessings from her by caressing her feet. If a lady does not have a mother-in-law, she may offer suhagi to her sister-in-law or an older woman.
- On Hariyali-Teej, ladies worship Goddess Parvati by donning new garments and applying exquisite cosmetics. 5. On Hariyali-Teej, the swing of ladies and girls is also highly essential. Swinging women and girls sing songs and dance.
Also Read: Vat Savitri Vrat | Puja Vidhi, Vrat Katha (Story), Significance etc.
Hariyali Teej Worship Technique (Hariyali Teej Puja Vidhi)
According to folklore, Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati were reunited on the day of Hariyali-Teej. Hariyali Teej is held to remember this. Hariyali Teej fasting is extremely important for newlyweds. On this day, married ladies and unmarried girls worship to Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati.
- On this day, a lady who is fasting for Hariyali-Teej shall bath from hairs to toe.
- On Hariyali Teej, thoroughly clean the home and adorn it with Torana Mandap. By draping a clean cloth over a post, you may make an idol of Lord Shiva, Lord Ganesha, or Mata Parvati out of clay.
- Invoke the gods and goddesses after creating the idol, and then worship everyone’s Shodashopachar.
- Read or listen to HariyaliTeej and Mahalaya’s narrative.
- 15. Perform Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati aarti after that.
- Perform Jagran and Kirtan after worship.
- The Hariyali Teej fast is observed by remaining unoccupied. Any lady who decides to fast should start with a waterless fast in the morning and eat and drink only after Parana.
- Once the Hariyali Teej fast has begun, it should be followed at all times. If you must break this fast for any reason, do so only after doing Udyapan.
- Only after worshipping Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati should this fast be kept. This HariyaliTeej fast is only observed during the Pradosh period when the time of day and night is met.
It is known as the Pradosh Era. These are the words of ladies who fast for Hariyali Teej.
- Never, ever cheat on your husband. A lady who does this is committing a sin.
- Never lie to or mistreat with your husband or family members. Always tell the truth and treat people nicely.
- Avoid blasphemy at all costs. You are destroying your earned qualities by doing so.
Also Read: Mahashivratri Vrat | Puja Vidhi & Katha (Story)
Significance of Hariyali Teej | Importance of Hariyali Teej
- Hariyali Teej holds great significance in mythical beliefs. Hariyali-Teej commemorates the reunion of Lord Shiva and Mata Parvati on the day of Hariyali Teej. Goddess Parvati performed rigorous penance in order to obtain Lord Shiva as her husband, according to legend. After 107 births of great penance, Mother Parvati was reunited with Lord Shiva in the 108th birth.
- Hariyali Teej was the Shukla Paksha of Shravan month’s Tritiya Tithi on which Lord Shiva welcomed Mother Parvati as his wife. That is why Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati have designated this day as a lucky day for married ladies.
- Married ladies gain good luck, wealth grows in the house, and happiness and prosperity flow into the family when they observe the Hariyali-Teej fast. It is believed that if an unmarried girl follows the Hariyali Teej fast with complete dedication and devotion, she would be blessed by Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati with her preferred life mate.
- If a female is unable to marry, if she has any obstacles, or if any planet is obstructing her horoscope, she should also follow the Hariyali-Teej fast. Because of the result of this fast, the hurdles to that girl’s marriage will be removed, and marriage prospects will begin to emerge shortly. Thanks to Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati, that girl will marry shortly. On Hariyali Teej, married women pay particular homage to Lord Shiva and Maa Gauri.
Also Watch: All About Hariyali Teej Puja
Hariyali Teej Fast Story | Hariyali Teej Vrat Katha
Lord Shiva, according to Hindu folklore, was telling Mata Parvati about himself and their marriage one day. “O Parvati!” he exclaimed. You tried 107 times to have me as your husband, but you were unsuccessful.
Then, for the 108th time, you were born as a daughter of the mountain king Himalaya, and you endured severe penance in the Himalayan heights to get me as your bride. In that harsh penance, you had given up food and drink. You were simply eating dry leaves at the time.
You were continually performing painful penances, oblivious to the agony. After seeing your predicament, Parvatraj Himalaya became very angry and heartbroken. But you continued to worship me in a cave, unconcerned about everyone.
After then, you told your father, Parvatraj Himalaya, about your request and boon, saying, “I’ve been practising terrible penance for many years to have Lord Shiva as my husband, and now Lord Shiva is delighted with my penance, and he accepted me as wife.” You get me legally wedded to him.
The mountain king Himalaya then granted your dream and wedded you to me. Lord Shiva told Mother Parvati, “O Parvati! Our marriage became possible as a consequence of your fasting and worshipping Shivling on the third day of Shukta Paksha in Shravan month.
Lord Shiva told Mother Parvati that the significance of this fast is that any lady who completes it would be blessed.
Faith will be carried out with commitment, and I will see that the necessary outcomes are obtained. With my approval, the lady who follows this fast will have a stable marriage.
Also Read: Navratri Puja as per Rashi
Recite Hariyali Teej Mantras
Also Watch: Hariyali-Teej | Puja Vidhi, Importance, Vrat Katha (Story), Charity
Charity or Daan on Hariyali Teej
Donation is also important on the day of Hariyali Teej. On this day, these items should be donated.
- On the day of HariyaliTeej, providing cosmetics to a poor sleeper would end all of your husband’s problems.
- If Hariyali Teej falls on Saturday, donate black clothing in order to be rid of Shani’s suffering.
- On Hariyali Teej, after Gauri Puja, go to Shani shrine and donate mustard oil.
- On the day of HariyaliTeej, light a mustard oil lamp under the Peepal tree.
- On the day of Hariyali Teej, provide food to a needy person.