Table of Contents
How to Darken White Hair at Home
When your hair is black, long, and thick, it enhances the beauty of your face, and when it goes white, it has the same effect. Many people believe that hair becomes white with age, however this is not the case. Even young toddlers are now experiencing problems such as white hair as a result of carelessness in eating and other factors.
In general, the amount of melanin in our bodies decreases as we become older. As a result, after 35-40 years, the majority of people begin to get white hair. If you have white hair and wish to change it to black, there are some home cures you can try.
What is the Meaning of White Hair?
Many ailments are caused by the doshas of Vata, Pitta, and Kapha in the body, according to Ayurveda. Hair ripening is also caused by the Pitta dosha (palitya). Currently, 70 percent of people are bothered by the problem of white hair before they reach middle age. Not only is pollution at blame, but a poor diet is also to blame. The body is deficient in nutrients as a result of a poor diet. As a result, the hair begins to dry.
Also Read: How to Stop Hair Fall | Prevent Hair Loss
Hair Greying is caused by a Variety of Factors
These four factors are most likely to cause your hair to become white:
White hair is caused by a diet high in sour, pungent, salty, spicy, or hot foods.
Environmental & Behavioural Viharaj
Working long hours and staying up late. Excessive sun and dust exposure. I’m going to fast more.
Anger, grief, fear, and mental tension are all psychological issues.
– This is a genetic reason. Premature greying of hair is a family affliction that has been passed down from generation to generation.
A Variety of Factors Might Induce Hair Greying
It could be attributed to hair greying:
- When the body’s cells quit producing melanin, the hair begins to turn white.
- The process of melanin is interrupted due to a shortage of B vitamins in the body.
- Hair can turn white as a result of disease such as a headache or sinus infection.
- Hair also turns white as a result of extreme stress.
- A lack of nutrients in the body, as a result of not eating enough green vegetables and fruits, causes premature greying of hair.
- White hair can also be caused by a lack of protein, iron, calcium, and vitamins in the diet.
- Excess or lack of thyroid gland secretion in youth can also cause premature greying of hair.
- Untimely hair turns white, even after a long period of taking extra drugs.
- Being diagnosed with diabetes at a young age can result in hair greying.
- Insomnia also increases the chance of hair greying (sleep disorder).
- Anemia, or a shortage of blood in the body, causes the hair to turn white.
- Premature greying of hair is an issue that is becoming more prevalent in youth as a result of excessive smoking and drug use, as well as genetic factors.
- Using a chemical-rich shampoo or chemical colouring on the hair.
The Causes of White Hair in Children
- When the melanocytes do not create enough melanin, the hair turns white. The hair of youngsters becomes white when there is a dearth of melanin in their bodies.
- It runs in some families genetically.
- Melanin deficit is caused by diseases such as neurofibromatosis, leukoderma, tuberous sclerosis, and others.
- Vitamin B deficiency in the diet.
- Children who have had surgery or whose digestive system is malfunctioning. They do not absorb vitamin B. This is when the issue of white hair begins.
- White hair in children is a possibility even if the mother does not eat a good diet during pregnancy.
How to Darken White Hair at Home
These ayurvedic therapies for black hair can be used:
Tulsi is used to Darken Hair
Take equal amounts of basil leaf, gooseberry fruit or leaf juice, and Bhangraiya leaf juice. In a mixing dish, combine all of the ingredients and apply to your hair. This causes the hair to become thick and dark.
Indrayana Seeds can be used to Turn White Hair Black
The oil of indrayana seeds should be massaged and applied to the head on a daily basis. This prevents hair loss. As a result, the hair takes on the appearance of a black bumblebee.
Lemon can be used to Get Rid of White Hair
In 15 ml, combine 15 ml lemon juice and 20 g gooseberry powder. To make a paste, combine the flour and water. This paste should be applied on the head. After an hour, wash it off. The use of it causes the hair to become black after a few occasions.
Also Read: Medicinal Properties of Tulsi/Basil
To Get Rid of Grey Hair, Use Clove and Henna
Mix equal parts cloves and henna leaves in a blender with a little water. It should be applied to the hair. The hair starts to become black.
Amla Powder can be used to Get Rid of White Hair
Mix the gooseberry powder with the henna and apply to the hair. Graying and hair loss are both halted as a result of this.
Coconut Oil can be used to Get Rid of Grey Hair
Curry leaves are cooked in coconut oil. Separate the curry leaves once the oil has been thoroughly heated and the colour of the oil has changed somewhat. This oil should be massaged into your hair. It aids in the deepening of hair.
To Darken White Hair, Use Bhringraj Oil
Massage your hair with Bhringraj oil. Bhringraj has a darkening effect on hair.
Hibiscus is used to Get Rid of White Hair
Make an amla, hibiscus, and sesame seed paste. Mix together a few drops of coconut oil and massage the scalp with it.
Mango Leaves are used to Blacken White Hair
Mango leaves are ground into a paste. Apply this paste to your hair and leave it on for 15-20 minutes before washing it off. Hair will get thick and black with repeated use.
Black Hair is caused by Amla and Mango Kernels
1 bahera, 2 haritaki, 3 gooseberries, 5 mango kernels, 1 tola iron powder Grind them with water and store them in an iron pot overnight. It should be used first thing in the morning. It eliminates white hair.
Medication to Turn White Hair Black Sesame
Soak black sesame seeds for two hours in water. When it’s wet, crush it into a paste. Apply this paste to your scalp and hair and leave it on for an hour. After that, use any herbal shampoo to wash your hair.
Also Read: Benefits of Sesame Oil
Tea Water can be used to Darken White Hair
Tea water should be applied to the hair. After one hour, wash off with plain water without shampoo. Hair turns black when used on a frequent basis.
Sugarcane Juice can be used to Darken White Hair
In sugarcane juice, soak iron powder, bhringraj, haritaki, bahera, amla, and black soil. Close the vessel’s mouth and place it in the sun for a month. Take it out and filter it after that. This can be used on a regular basis to get rid of white hair. The hair starts to become black.
To Darken White Hair, Change Your Diet
To change your hair colour from white to black, adopt the following lifestyle:
- Hair turns white due to a lack of nutrients, so eat foods high in nutrients in appropriate quantities. This will make getting rid of white hair a lot easier.
- Vitamin C is essential for maintaining black hair, so eat Amla and other citrus fruits on a daily basis. The antioxidants in amla give white hair cells a fresh lease of life. The hair becomes stronger as a result of this, and the hair turns black.
- Minerals such as iron, copper, and zinc are important for hair health, therefore include dry fruits in your diet. Almonds, raisins, figs, and pistachios, in particular, are vital for good hair.
- Drink milk and dairy products.
- Curry leaves include vitamins B1, B3, B9, and C, which are necessary for healthy hair. Apart from that, it contains iron, calcium, and phosphorus. 10 to 15 curry leaves should be carefully washed and boiled for five minutes. Strain it, then add half a lemon’s juice and some sugar to taste.
- Consume raw coconut. Vitamin B complex, proteins, and antioxidants are abundant. It helps to thicken and darken hair.
To Get Rid of Grey Hair, Change Your Lifestyle
Pranayama and Yogasana should be practised on a regular basis. As a result, there will be no untimely white hair produced by stress.
- Take a morning walk in the fresh air for at least half an hour.
- Make it a habit to go to bed and wake up on time.
- Stop waking up in the middle of the night.
- Avoid eating when you aren’t hungry.
- Keep out of direct sunlight and dusty environments.
- Avoid stress as much as possible by practising meditation.