Table of Contents
Nirjala Ekadashi Fast
There are total 24 Ekadashi in a year. However, there are 26 Ekadashis in the year with the most months. The ‘Nirjala Ekadashi’ is the most significant of all four Ekadashi. The significance of Nirjala Ekadashi fasting is enormous.
Nirjala Ekadashi is the best among all Ekadashi. If you are not able to keep fast on Ekadashi of the whole year, then by keeping fast on this one Ekadashi, you can get the full fruit of all Ekadashi.
Significance of Nirjala Ekadashi
- Be steadfast towards Vrati on the day of Nirjala Vrat with all of your devotion, emotion, dedication, and faith.
- During the other Ekadashi throughout the year, fruits are permitted; however, during the Nirjala Ekadashi fast of the Jyeshtha month, you are not permitted to consume even a drop of water.This Ekadashi falls in the midst of intense heat in which the devotees keep this fast with pain and penance.
- Nirjala Ekadashi is the most significant Ekadashi in terms of its overall significance.
- By observing Nirejala Ekadashi fast one gets longevity, increase in health and attains the best worlds.
Even though it was challenging, Bhima kept this waterless fast throughout the Mahabharata era. After that, it has also been known as “Bhimseni Ekadashi.” The fast is broken if even a single drop of water is consumed while it is being observed. On this Ekadashi, people are expected to fast day and night without drinking any water, bathe in the morning on Dwadashi, and contribute a golden urn filled with water based on their capabilities. Following this, the fast should be chanted and prasad consumed. This time, Ekadashi falls on the same day as Gayatri Jayanti and Hasta Nakshatra.
Auspicious Time of Nirjala Ekadashi Fast (Muhurat)
|Nirjala Ekadashi Fast Will Start On
|30 May 2023 At 1.09 pm (Tuesday)
|Nirjala Ekadashi Fast Ends On
|31 May 2023 At 1.47 pm (Wednesday)
|When Is Nirjala Ekadashi Fast
|31 May 2023 (Wednesday)
|Parana Of Nirjala Ekadashi Fast On
|June 1, 2023 (Thursday) 5.23 am to 8.09 am
Nirjala Ekadashi Fast Worship Method
Those who cannot fast on all of the ekadashis throughout the year must fast on Nirjala Ekadashi. Because one gains virtue equivalent to all other Ekadashis by keeping this fast. This fast is done in the following way:
- During this fast, no food or drink is consumed from the Ekadashi date’s sunrise till the Dwadashi date’s sunrise the next day.
- On the day of Ekadashi, worship Lord Vishnu in accordance with the prescribed procedures after taking a morning bath. After then, while focusing on God, recite the mantra Om Namo Bhagwate Vasudevaya.
- One should listen to the tale on this day with devotion and engage in God’s kirtan.
- On this day, the fasting individual should place sugar and dakshina in the urn, cover it with a white cloth, and give it to a Brahmin.
The law of this fast is then finished by performing acts of kindness, such as charitable giving. The fruit of this fast is thought to bring long life, health, and the eradication of all sins from a religious perspective.
Importance of Donation on Nirjala Ekadashi
One should give as much as they can during the Ekadashi fast, including food, water, clothing, a seat, a shoe, an umbrella, a feather, and fruits. On this day, worshippers donate water urns in exchange for all-year-round benefits. Fasting on this Ekadashi removes the sin of eating on other Ekadashis while simultaneously reaping the rewards of all Ekadashis’ virtues. An individual who fervently observes this auspicious Ekadashi fast gets purified of all faults and achieves an imperishable standing.
During the Nirjala Ekadashi Fast, Must Complete This Work
The home is stocked with money and food. Giving is also of particular significance during the Nirjala Ekadashi fast. In the stifling heat, Lord Vishnu is pleased when people give him cool things. During this fast, giving cucumbers, melon, cucumbers, water pitchers, and other produce produces the desired results.
Keep These Things in Mind All Day Long
- Do not drink water at the time of sanctification, except water aachaman, till sunrise the next day.
- Speak less throughout the day and try to remain silent if possible.
- Don’t sleep the whole day.
- Follow celibacy.
- Do not lie, do not get angry and dispute.
Nirjala Ekadashi Remedies of Vermilion on This Day
- It is believed that by taking some measures on this day, the tension of married life is removed and the relationship with the husband remains long and full of love. Seventeen, marriage never breaks up.
- Nirjala ekadashi fast is considered to be the toughest of all fasts.
- Fasting on the day of Nirjala Ekadashi gives unbroken good fortune. It is also believed that by doing some measures on this day, the problems related to married life go away.
- It is believed that by taking measures related to vermilion on this day, marriage never breaks and husband’s relationship becomes strong.
To Remove the Disturbance of Married Life
- On the day of Nirjala Ekadashi, apply vermilion on the husband’s hands.
- Then vaccinate the husband with the vermilion of demand.
- Do this daily starting from Nirjala Ekadashi.
- This will bring back the lost peace of married life.
For The Progress of the Husband
- Write Om with vermilion on a yellow colored cloth.
- Keep that cloth folded in the husband’s pars.
- This will lead to the progress of the husband. They will get success.
To Strengthen Relationship with Husband
- Take an Ekakshi coconut and apply vermilion on it.
- Then wrap the coconut with vermilion in a red cloth.
- Offer that coconut along with your husband to your favorite deity.
- This will strengthen the relationship with the husband. Will get the love of husband.
To Stop Quarrels Between Husband And Wife
- Keep vermilion in a pouch under the husband’s pillow while sleeping.
- Offer vermilion to Maa Lakshmi and Lord Vishnu (deception of Lord Vishnu) the next day.
- This will remove fights and mutual love will increase.
- Along with this, there will also be chances of getting a child.
Take Care of These Important Things
- This remedy has to be done early in the morning on the day of Nirjala Ekadashi.
- In addition, you can also do at night.
- This two times only because the remedies of vermilion have to be kept secret.
- Do not tell anyone about these measures on the day of Nirjala Ekadashi.
So these are some of the remedies done with vermilion on the day of Nirjala Ekadashi. Use the comment section below the article to ask us any questions you may have about our content. We’ll keep working to provide you with correct information. Please spread the word if you enjoyed this tale. To read more of these tales, visit knowledgeshowledge.com frequently.
Nirjala Ekadashi Fast Story | Nirjala Ekadashi Vrat Katha (Mahatmya)
Yudhishthir said: Janardan! Please describe the Ekadashi that falls in the bright fortnight of Jyestha month.
Lord Krishna said: Rajan! Param Dharmatma Satyavatinandan Vyasji will describe this, because he is a philosopher of all the scriptures and a well-versed scholar of Vedas and Vedangas.
Then Vedvyasji said: Do not eat on the Ekadashi days of both the fortnights. Be holy on the day of Dwadashi by bathing, for example, and offer Lord Keshava flowers in adoration. Then after the end of daily work, first give food to Brahmins and lastly eat yourself. Rajan! Food should not be taken on Ekadashi even in birth and death.
Hearing this, Bhimsen said: Most intelligent grandfather! Listen to my best talk. King Yudhishthira, mother Kunti, Draupadi, Arjuna, Nakula and Sahdev never eat food on Ekadashi and always say the same to me: ‘Bhimsen! You also don’t eat on Ekadashi…’ But I tell those people that I will not cure hunger.
Following Bhimsen’s advice, Vyasji declared: “If you want to reach heaven and think of hell as polluted, then do not eat on the Ekadashi days of both sides.”
Great, intelligent grandfather, Bhimsen remarked.. In front of you, I tell you the truth. I can’t fast even after eating once, then how can I live after fasting? The fire called vrik is always burning in my stomach, so it calms down only when I eat a lot. That’s why Mahamune! I can do only one fast in a year. Make sure to tell me a fast that will make it easy to attain heaven and by doing which I can be a part of welfare. I will follow it properly.
Vyasji said: Bhim! In the month of Jyeshtha, whether the sun is in Taurus or Gemini, on the Ekadashi of Shuklapaksha, observe a waterless fast with great effort. You can put water in your mouth only for gargling or aachaman, except that a learned man should not put any kind of water in his mouth, otherwise the fast is broken. If a person sacrifices water from sunrise on Ekadashi till sunrise of the next day, then this fast is complete. After that, after bathing in the morning of Dwadashi, donate water and gold to Brahmins in a systematic way.
In this way, after completing all the work, the Jitendriya man should eat with Brahmins. There is no doubt in this that a person gets the fruits of all the Ekadashis that are held in a year by observing Nirjala Ekadashi. Lord Keshava, the bearer of the conch, wheel and mace, told me that: ‘If a man abandons all else and takes refuge in Me alone and observes fasting on Ekadashi, he is freed from all sins.’
A man who observes Ekadashi fast does not go near the fierce Yamdoots of huge, dreadful shape and dark complexioned. At the end, Vishnu’s messengers who are Pitambardhari, mild-mannered, holding Sudarshan in their hands and as fast as their mind, finally take this Vaishnava man to the abode of Lord Vishnu. Therefore, fast on Nirjala Ekadashi with full effort and worship Sri Hari. Be it a woman or a man, if he has committed a great sin equal to Mount Meru, then all of it is burnt to ashes by the effect of this Ekadashi fast. The person who follows the law of water on that day, becomes a part of virtue.
It has been heard that he gets the result of donating crores of gold coins in every moment. Whatever a person does on the day of Nirjala Ekadashi like bathing, charity, chanting, home etc., all that is renewable, this is the statement of Lord Krishna. By fasting on Nirjala Ekadashi in a proper way, a person attains Vaishnavpad. The person who eats food on the day of Ekadashi, he eats sin. In this world he is like a chandala and on death he gets misery.
Those who donate by fasting on Ekadashi in the Shukla Paksha of Jyeshtha, they will attain the supreme position. Those who fast on Ekadashi, they become free from all sins even if they are brahmin killers, drunkards, thieves and traitors.
Kuntinandan! On the day of ‘Nirjala Ekadashi’, listen to the special donations and duties that are prescribed for men and women: On that day, worship of Lord Vishnu, who is sleeping in water, and donation of water-filled Dhenu or direct Dhenu or Ghritamayi Dhenu is appropriate. Brahmins should be gratified with sufficient Dakshina and various types of sweets.
By doing this, Brahmins are definitely satisfied and on their satisfaction, Shri Hari bestows salvation. Those who worship Lord Hari and keep vigil in the night, observing the fast of this ‘Nirjala Ekadashi’, tending to the past hundred generations and the future hundred generations, have reached the supreme abode of Lord Vasudev. Food, clothing, a cow, water, a bed, a lovely seat, a kamandalu, and an umbrella should all be donated on Nirjala Ekadashi. The person who gives shoes to a great and deserving Brahmin gets to live in paradise and sits on a golden aircraft.
One who fervently hears or recounts the splendour of this Ekadashi enters paradise. The same benefit that a man receives by conducting Shradh on Chaturdashi-yukt Amavasya during a solar eclipse is also received through listening to it. First of all, after washing the teeth, this rule should be taken that: ‘I will stay fast on Ekadashi and give up water other than Aachaman for the pleasure of Lord Keshav.’ Deveshwar Lord Vishnu should be worshiped on Dwadashi. After worshiping with smell, incense, flowers and beautiful clothes, chant the following mantra while resolving to donate a pot of water:
O God Hrishikesh, the savior from the ocean of the world! By donating this pot of water, you make me attain the ultimate speed.
Bhimsen! Waterless fast should be observed on the auspicious Ekadashi of Shuklapaksha in Jyestha month. The greatest Brahmins should contribute pitchers of sugar-water on that day. Man achieves happiness by doing this by getting close to Lord Vishnu. After that, on Dwadashi, he should eat after giving a Brahmin meal. By keeping the Papanashini Ekadashi fast in this fashion, one atones for all sins and achieves joyful state.
Bhimsen began fasting after hearing this on this lucky Ekadashi. Since then it became famous in the world by the name of ‘Pandav Dwadashi’.